Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My First Scrap Chat

Let me start by saying that I am VERY new to scrapbooking! In traditional Kim fashion, I went out and bought everything that I could possibly need to build an entire library of scrapbooks before I had ever even cropped a picture! So now, I am FULLY committed to scrapbooking. I have my first ever scrapbooking class this weekend and realized today that in the class description it states "This class focuses on advanced paper crafting techniques"....oops-I might just be in over my head on this one! Well I am just going to tough it out and see if I can keep up! There is a beginners class on January 21st...that probably would have been a better starting point for me!

Just to give you some background on how I got into the whole scrapbooking craze...it started on Black Friday 2009...My sister and I went to Wal-Mart at 0'dark thirty to line up for the great deals! She had seen an infomercial for a Cricut Expression and decided it was something that she just HAD to have...keep in mind that she is also is NOT a scrapbooker. So, Wal-Mart had the Cricut on sale for $180, which I thought was crazy, but it turns out to be a really good deal. We continued to shop at various places and ended up at a Michael's Arts and Crafts store. At Michael's my sister bought 2 Cricut cartridges and cardstock, these purchases also cost an arm and a leg! I spent most of the day giving her a hard time about buying what amounts to a swanky paper cutter.

Well....low and behold, I wake up the next morning and what is on TV...the dang Cricut Expression infomercial-I was hooked (I am a Marketer's dream)! I went online and got a really good deal on the Cricut Expression from Craft-e-Corner.com. It didn't take more than a month for me to be become the proud owner of 6 Cartridges, Sure Cuts A Lot Software, a Cuttlebug, a Zutter Bind it All, a massive amount of paper (thanks for the 50% Hobby Lobby!), stamps, ribbon, brads, embellishments, the Cricut Tool Kit, pop dots and other adhesives....I just can't STOP myself! I spent last night watching Cricut Cartridge auctions on Ebay...is there a support group for this!?!

I have spent most of my "free" Internet time viewing blogs (I Love the My Pink Stamper blog)and You Tube videos on how to scrapbook, how to use my Cuttlebug, the wonders of everything that the Cricut can do, how to stamp, how to tie a bow-seriously, apparently it can be quite challenging.

The worst part of this - my sister, the one who started it all has yet to make any paper craft using the Cricut...aye aye aye...well Wish me luck this weekend at my first ever scrapbooking class!

That's the Scrap Rap!

No comments:

Post a Comment